Train outdoors with the locals.
If you have your training gear with you I suggest you try!
What kind of training?
- It’s three times a week until end of February ’17
- It’s three times a week until end of April ’17
- It’s outdoors in the hills of Öskjuhlíð (Google maps)
- Each training 1 hour 30 minutes
- It’s perfect for runners, skiers, hillwalkers and the general outdoors people alike
- It’s a combination of endurance and strength exercises
- It’s mostly brisk walking in between training sessions but some do sprint
- It starts with a real warm up
- It ends with some selected stretches
- It’s three times a week
- Monday mornings 06.30-07.10 – until end of April ’17 – Free of charge … just be there!
- Tuesday evenings 17.30-19.00 – until end of February ’17
- Thursday evenings 17.30-19.00 – until end of April ’17
Price per person:
1.500 ISK (approx.:€12/$13/£11)
Almost nothing except the nice company of the smiling locals and some nice instructions that make your pump … pump 😉
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings we meet in the entrance of the Perlan – a landmark building in Reykjavík on top of Öskjuhlíð hill (Google maps)
- Monday mornings we meet at the car park of Nauthólsvík (800m/0.5mi) from Perlan (Google maps)
- The same clothing/shoes that you would go out jogging considering the weather outside the window
- When there is snow most people prefer soft hiking boots or trail running shoes
- Don’t forget hat or a buff and gloves or light mittens
What we do when we are not training:
Training during the mid winter keeps us fit to do what we like the most … that is hiking and backpacking.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the monthly mountain hikes with the locals.