In the comfort of a private 4×4 we get up to and into the glacier. On the way back to the city we scan the sky for northern lights. And if the cloud cover is in our favour we take advantage of being outside all electric light pollution to experience the northern lights.
On this tour we will go where needed for the best possible conditions to spot the northern lights within the given timeframe of 3,5-4 hours.
Even though the northern lights can never be guaranteed there are plenty of options on the way including some hidden places!
Price per person:
- 20.30 pm – Pick up at your hotel in the Reykjavik area
- Tour duration 3:30 – 4:30 hours
- Professional english speaking Icelandic AIMG mountain guide
- Modified Toyota Land Cruiser 120 VX can go where the big bushes will not!
- Authentic refreshments during the tour
- Thermal layers – an extra sweater or jacket – to be able to enjoy the northern lights outside the car
- Hat and gloves
- Camera and tripod essential to get a good picture
How about making it a day tour by adding other popular activities …:
- Into the Glacier Tour and northern lights – 8-10 hour tour pick up at 10.00
- Glacier hike and northern lights – 10-12 hour tour – Pick up 11.30 am
- Inside the volcano and northen lights – exclusive entrance and private guiding (no one else in the volcano!).
Only operated from end of August til mid October each year.
Slideshow from the Northern lights mystery tour
If you have any questions:
Northern Lights at the end of the tunnels, please contact Jón Gauti by:
Email: email@example.com or Tel: +354 7877090