– Please note! This tour will start again on the 15th of May 2017
A Private Tour Inside The Volcano. Avoid the hassel and crowds. Take your time in adjusting the camera to get the perfect shot. The dormant Þríhnúkagígur (Thrihnukagigur) volcano is a unique natural phenomenon that is best enjoyed in a relaxed atmosphare offerd in this private tour.
By setting up the necessary gear and equipment, we’ve created a tour that opens the door to a whole new world.
All you need is the willingness to do a moderate 45–50 minute hike (to get to the crater) and the guts to descend 120 meters/400 feet to the bottom of the crater in an open cable lift!
The tour can also be offered as a Helicopter tour (please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Private tour: max 7 persons per tour.
- Operation dates: From 15 May – 15 October.
- Tour departures: Pick up at your hotel down town at 7.30 am.
- Duration: 4-5 hours (about 50-70 minutes inside the volcano).
- Fitness level needed: Moderate. No knowledge of hiking or climbing required. It’s not an uphill walk, but undulating and partly uneven. This is NOT a tour for those in no or limited physical shape.
- Distance walked: Approximately 3 km (2 miles) each way. The walk usually takes about 45 minutes. Your private guide will be with you at all times during the walk.
- Minimum age limit: 12 years (we can and have made exceptions on the age. Contact us if you want to convince us that your kid is up for adventure).
- Price per person 89.900 ISK (max 7 persons)
- Pick-up at your hotel in the Reykjavík capital area.
- All safety gear, helmets, harnesses, etc.
- Exclusive entrance inside the volcano (min 60 minutes inside the volcano)
- Volcano tour of a lifetime.
- Traditional Icelandic meat soup, coffee/tea and perhaps some sweets as well. Vegetarians will have alternatives.
- Transfer back to your hotel in Reykjavik.
BRING WITH YOU:
- Good (hiking) shoes – specially early in the season since the trail will have some snow
- Outdoor clothing. The weather in the mountains can be very different to the city. A warm sweater and jacket are very useful, not least because it’s always the same temperature inside the crater – about 4–5°C (42–43°F).
- A camera. You will want to remember this trip. Yes, you can take as many pictures as you want!
- A good spirit. This tour is all about having fun.
Note: During early spring season the path to Base camp (right beside the Volcano) can be snow covered. This could make the hike a litle more difficult.
Why not make a combo tour and add the Intotheglacier tour to it ?
Then you need to look no further. Check the Volcanos and Glaciers – Exclusive