Please note that trips/tours organized by Mountain Tours are not confirmed until fully paid for and when a confirmation email thereof has been received.
Mountain Tours and it’s associated guides reserve the right to cancel tours or change / alter tours itineraries when the safety of guests is compromised.
When faced with unexpected events you can rest assured that Mountain Tours guides will do everything they can to deliver the expected experience with your safety as a priority.
Refunds for all day-tours
In conformity with business practices within the Icelandic travel industry, the Travel Agent is obliged to charge cancellation fees to passenger(s) as follows:
- Cancellation received more than 48 hours prior to departure are 80% refunded. 20% administration fee is non-refundable
- Cancellation received less than 48 hours prior to departure will be charged full price.
Refunds for longer trips, professional and recreational courses
Reimbursements and cancellations should all be done in writing via e-mail from the person who booked the trip / course and he/she will be reimbursed within a working week to the same credit card / bank account that was used for the purchase.
- If courses are cancelled two weeks (14 days) or more before departure Mountain Tours will refund you 80%.
20% administration fee is non-refundable.
- If courses are cancelled one week (7 days) before departure Mountain Tours will refund you 50%.
50% are non-refundable, due to the fact that arrangements have already been made for you on the trip / course.
- If tours / courses are cancelled more than 2 days (48 hours) before departure Mountain Tours will refund you 20%.
80% are non-refundable, since the tour has already been fully organised and time assigned for the guide / instructor.
- Cancellations within two days (48 hours) of departure equals a no-show and are non-refundable.
Weather & conditions en route:
The weather in Iceland is subject to changes that sometime can alter our trips / courses. This is rarely the case and less so in summer than winter.
Cancellation or changing of plans en route will always be done with the safety of our guests in mind.
By Icelandic law all registered tour operators, Mountain Tours included, are obliged to have a valid insurance. Adequate travel insurance is of extreme importance to all adventure travelers.
We strongly recommend that you invest in travel insurance that covers any cost resulting from injuries, property damage, theft or if your tour is cancelled with short notice. Mountain Tours does not accept any losses or expenses due to unexpected delays, change of flights, sickness, accidents or other causes. Neither does Mountain Tours assume responsibility for accidents or death that can be traced to the participant’s negligence.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / telephone +354 7877090